Welcome to Darlington Point
RELAX ON THE MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER!
A historic river town established in 1864 Darlington Point was a major river port and crossing for the Murrumbidgee River. The town is surrounded by majestic river red gums, being a haven for animal and bird life. Evidence of the paddle steamer era can still be viewed, with the town offering a friendly warm welcome and an excellent overnight destination during your journey.
MUST SEE & DO
- View the replica of the original 1904 lift span bridge
- Take a stroll past the many historic buildings
- Take a tour of Altina Wildlife Park
- Grab your fishing line and dangle your toes in the River
- Take a bushwalk through the surrounding red gum forests to view the many parrots and birdlife
- Check out the Redgum Furniture by local craftsman Bernie Carroll
21 Carrington Street
Darlington Point NSW 2706
Ph. (02) 6960 5500
Fax. (02) 6968 4252