Welcome to Cobar
THE JEWEL OF OUTBACK NSW, WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES!
Cobar is a bustling and prosperous town steeped in a history based on mining and pastoral heritage. The town’s CBD boasts a mixture of old and new buildings which chronicle Cobar’s course through the last 130 years of its history.
The Cobar District abounds with wildlife which includes kangaroos, emus, echidnas, snakes, lizards and giant goannas. Birdwatchers will be fascinated to discover over 200 species of birds, including the magnificent Major Mitchell Cockatoo, Wedge-tailed Eagle and Mallee Ringnecks.
MUST SEE & DO
- Wander through the exhibits depicting the history of Cobar at the Great Cobar Heritage Centre
- Take a stroll on one of the local heritage walks
- View the Mining Heritage Park
- Gain an understanding of the weather at the local meteorological station
- View the amazing bird life at the Newey Reserve
- Take a trip to Fort Bourke Lookout and the Open Cut Gold Mine
COBAR HERITAGE CENTRE
COBAR NSW 2835
Ph. 02 6836 2448
Fax. 02 6936 1818