Welcome to Bourke
THE TOWN OF TALES, FOLKLORE AND LEGENDS!
The term ‘back o’ Bourke’ is synonymous with Australian language and folklore. Australian author Henry Lawson wrote after his visit in 1892, “ If you know Bourke, you know Australia”.
On the banks of the Darling River, Bourke was a significant riverboat town with the remnants of this bygone era still prevalent in the town and along the water front.
MUST SEE & DO
- Drive out to Mount Oxley and enjoy the views
- Take a Mateship Country bus Tour
- Learn more about the characters and legends at the Back O Bourke Centre
- Grab your fishing line and dangle your toes in the River
- Step back in time with a cruise on the Jandra Paddlewheel boat
- Stroll past the historic buildings, following the Maritime Trail
BOURKE TOURIST INFORMATION CENTRE
Railway Station Building
Bourke NSW 2840
Ph. 02 6872 1222
Fax. 02 6872 2305