‘The Willows’, home of the Jerilderie & District Historical Society, was originally constructed for the Wise Brothers, Thomas and George, who came to Jerilderie in 1884 from Avoca, Victoria, where they had operated a Flour Mill, and proposed to do the same in Jerilderie.
This historic old home, dates back to 1878. It operates today as a museum with a vast collection of items from Jerilderie’s past. Browse through the items of yesteryear that are on display.
Turn off the Newell Highway, immediately west of the Jerilderie Shire Council onto Powell Street. Follow this street around passed Luke Park and the homestead is on the left.